Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Latin Stocks Present Grand Opportunity

Mexico of course included. I like VTO which is trading on very thin volume on the NYSE today. This company has everything going for it to stage a spectacular turn around. Low input costs: labor, natural gas and credit. They stand to benefit from lower refinancing costs with the low interest rate environment.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=vto


My purchse today was Brazilian GOL. This airline company is benefitting from increased ari traffic - it was up 7% for Brazil in December. This paid a whopping dividend last year.

2 comments:

  1. I sold my position today based on their announced default on debt interest payments. They were caught up in the derivative markets with a loss. This make their recovery more doubtful. I'd rather seek less risky speculations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mexican stocks are again being added to the MexCom portfolio on clearstation.com

    This portfolio is currently #28 out of over 2,000 portfolios on this website.

    One stock not mentioned is TVIN because of its low price. They just started a bankruptcy process that makes it a very interesting speculation. I have doubled up on it in most of my portfolio positions that have this stock. Please do not consider this as a personal recommendation for anyone to buy it. Do your own DD.

    ReplyDelete